Bold statement in 3…2…
Chuice will change your life.
Let me explain. This amazingness in a bottle helped me lose those pesky seven pounds that wouldn’t drop, has given me more energy, improved my skin and hair (as in, my stylist asked what the eff I had been doing differently), and has made meal planning a whole lot easier. I could ramble on for days (just ask my friends) but I’ll keep it to five basics for you readers because I know you probably have
1. Chuice is raw food that you half-drink/half-chew (See what they did there?). Yes, it sounds weird and it looks even weirder. The stuff was created by holistic health guru Ladell Hill to have every nutrient you need plus more, like enzymes (that I can’t pronounce) that eliminate toxins, boost your immune system, and reverse the aging process. You should see Ladell. When he told me his age, I choked on my Chuice.
2. It has 45 ingredients in it (fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, herbs, etc.) and is juiced fresh daily. Most people like the taste right away (I was in love at first sip), so you don’t have to worry about this type of situation:
There are two kinds (green and red) and they taste similar, but the red has a slightly fruitier and almost spicier(ish) taste. I prefer the green (as do most people), but still mix it up with a jug o’ the red every once in a while. Red has slightly less calories.
3. It comes in a half gallon jug ($25) or 16 oz. bottle ($7). I drink 10ish ounces for a meal, so the half gallon has about six meals in it for me; I have it for breakfast most days and sometimes for lunch or a late-afternoon pick-me-up, then eat a healthy dinner (well, most nights). Chuice has plenty of protein and fiber, so it satisfies you; it’s not some juice cleanse that will leave you hangry (you CAN just drink Chuice for days and use it to cleanse/drop weight quick if that’s what you’re looking for). People ask me “how to do it” and I just say: Replace six meals with a glass of Chuice in a week to start and you’ll figure out what works for you. I typically have it during the week, then eat what I want, go out, have cocktails, etc. on the weekends and pick back up Monday morning. In other words: If you’re a partier like me, it makes getting back on your healthy routine after a binge-fest a whole lot easier.
4. You’re supposed to consume it within three to four days, but sometimes I’ll have my last glass on the fifth day (shhh…). You should definitely toss it after a week, though.
5. CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta drinks it on the reg. Enough said.
(Sanjay and Ladell)
You guys, I know I sound like an informercial, but I can’t help it. I’ve been on the Chuice train for 6+ months now and can’t imagine getting off (that’s what she said). I love the way it tastes and can literally see and feel it making me healthier, plus it resulted in dropping lbs (be honest; that’s all most of you care about anyway). I don’t have to grocery shop/worry about meals as much, and I haven’t gotten sick since I started drinking it. Ba-da-bing. Ba-da…..boom.
You can pick up Chuice at all three Highland Bakery locations (Old Fourth Ward, Midtown, and Buckhead); other places can be found on Facebook. (If you pick up at HB, remember that all the cupcakes, cinnamon buns, and pastries will be staring you right in the face, so get your self-control and tunnel vision together before you walk in that joint.) Also, check the Chuice Facebook page to find out when Ladell and his team are doing tastings around town if you want to try before you buy.
AND for those of you who are reading this and don’t live in Atlanta (thank you, by the way!), they do ship–email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can order in bulk and freeze the half gallons (I did that when I went home for Christmas and it worked perfectly). If you have questions, feel free to email, Tweet at me, or leave a comment on this blog post. If I can’t answer them myself, I’ll get the answers from the experts!
Hope you decide to take a ride on the Chuice train. Chu Chu!
*As far as weight loss, Chuice will work if you eat a relatively healthy diet and exercise. In other words, you can’t lay around and eat cheeseburgers all day and drink Chuice occasionally and expect to see a difference. Since it is an herbal product, check with your doctor before consuming if you’re being treated for any medical conditions (although it can aid in many health-related conditions). Prices listed above may vary in some locations.