I already dropped the bomb that your face is probably dirtier than you think (I know, I know…I’m sorry). But it’s true–using cleanser on your hands just can’t scrub your mug completely clean. That’s where the Clarisonic comes in. I recently got the Mia 2 model (in pink, duh) and have fallen in love with this cute little contraption that can easily be mistaken for a vibrator. My skin feels so unbelievably soft and clean without being dried out, and my complexion is definitely brighter. AND, since it gets rid of all the dirt and residue on your face, your serums and moisturizers soak in better and can work more effectively (read: it helps with that whole aging thing). Hellooo, life changer.
After I had the Mia 2 in hand, I went to visit my friends at Derma-Luxe so they could show me how to use my new toy properly (if you purchase a Clarisonic there through September, you’ll get the same treatment). Take a look at the short video above for a full tutorial, but be warned: I’m not wearing any makeup.
A few more tips and tricks when it comes to the Clarisonic:
1. Wash makeup off first using your regular cleanser/cream makeup-remover cleanser/cleansing cloth/whatever. You do not want to take the Clarisonic to a face full of makeup (foaming foundation = not pretty). Then use your regular cleanser with the Clarisonic.
2. It’s gentle enough to use every day, even twice a day if you like.
3. Change the brush head every three to four months (you’ll see how to pop it off and put it back on in the video).
4. Do not use an exfoliating cleanser with the Clarisonic. Talk about unnecessary roughness.
5. Don’t be fooled by imitators. The Clarisonic uses a rapid sonic pulse–the brush head does not spin. Cleansing brushes that spin can feel like they’re working a little harder on your skin, but they’re actually pulling it, which can lead to wrinkles!
6. There are obviously various models to choose from (I like the Mia 2 because it’s affordable and not so giant), but there are also different brush heads for your skin type/cleansing needs: Normal, sensitive, delicate, deep pore, acne.
And now…an exclusive web offer if you purchase a Clarisonic via this link: Clarisonic Skin Care web exclusive. You’ll get free engraving (a little weird, but hey, to each their own), free shipping (!!!), and a gift.
In other words, you just cleaned up.
Category: Makeup & Skin