Let’s talk precipitation. For me, unless I’m hungover and want to watch movies in bed all day, I do NOT appreciate rain–it messes up plans and your hair. As for snow/ice, I’ll take a max of three snow days a year (I started going batshit on Day 4 of Snowpocalypse 2011).
BUT I’ve decided that if I have a really nice pair of rain boots, I will welcome inclement weather with open arms. I mean legs. I mean…never mind. I have never owned a pricey pair, so ’tis the season to splurge! They’re definitely an investment that will last forever, PLUS if they’re cute enough, you can rock ‘em without a cloud in the sky.
So what do you think?
1. Michael Kors Fulton Rain Boot in black, $120: These boots are made for walkin’. So that’s probably what you would do.
2. Chooka Top Solid in yellow, $60: Bright yellow beauties will stop traffic. (But like, traffic should be stopping anyway when they see a girl trying to cross the street in the rain).
3. Hunter Original Tall Gloss in merlot, $135: Anything the color of wine is definitely worth a shot. Or a bottle.
4. Hunter Regent Carlyle in cafe latte, $195: Turns out, there is such a thing as love at first sight. But it’s going to cost you.
5. Burberry Buckle Detail Check Rain Boots, $190 (regularly $395!): I mean…that’s 50% off. I’m just saying. Who am I to pass that up?
6. Sperry Pelican Too in olive green, $78: Don’t these just make you want to do messy, outdoorsy things like muddin’ and fishin’? (Or at least tailgating on a drizzly day?)
Let me know your top pick(s) in the comments! And I’ll be
knockin’ rockin’ da’ boots in no time.