The fashion Gods must have been smiling on me because I was chosen, along with four fab, local bloggers, to celebrate the re-opening of the Club Monaco store in Lenox Square (newly renovated = drop dead gorgeous) with a swanky little soiree. See, you guys? I can be classy.
We were supposed to be styling guests, but after a few trips to the bourbon bar in the men’s store, that basically meant me shoving things in my friends’ faces and exclaiming, “OMG gurl, you HAVE to have this!”
Is it only me or do fur vests just feel right when you’re shopping and cocktailing…?
Club Monaco outfitted us (praise Jesus), and I went with the silk Topaz blouse ($130) and The Best Pants in the World (also known as the Tasha Legging, $140), which have leather-ish panels down the front and a thick knit for the back (read: no cellulite in sight). Now, I have tried on leather pants before and nearly ran from the store in tears because my legs looked like sausage links, but these are flattering, I promise. And they have a thick, elastic waistband which minimizes muffin top and allows you to chow down comfortably, which is perfect considering it’s eatin’ season. I’m rocking the two-toners (brown in front, black in back).
If you buy one item at Club Monaco, I recommend The Best Pants in the World (obviously). If you buy two things, I say go for the perfect silk (slightly sheer) shirt. And if you’re going to pull out your plastic and go on an all-out shopping spree (or if you have a sugar daddy), here are my other top picks for the season.
1. Natasha top ($90): The sheer, chiffon sleeves add a li’l sexy.
2. Erickson Beamon drop earrings ($130): Have you ever seen more dazzling earrings? (I just wanted to say dazzling.)
3. Zar Box clutch ($180): It’s metallic, vintage-inspired, can hold your essentials, and has an optional chain. Party purse perfection.
4. Slim-fit Plaid Davi ($99): Keyword: slim-fit. It’s like this rugged (yet super-soft) men’s shirt was made for the ladies.
5. Marianna skirt ($199): This glorious, beaded number is a show-stopper for holiday parties (or just a random Tuesday).
6. Dayna tweed dress ($229): A leather bodice and sleek silhouette let this number transition easily from work to play.
7. Emily pant ($170): These pants fit like a dream (and will make you actually want to get dressed for work).
You want everything, don’t you? Join the Club.