I’m just going to say it: I know what men want.
When it comes to gifts, that is. As for all the other stuff, you’ll have to ask the fellas I’ve dated.
For my CBS Better Mornings segment yesterday, I chose five unique gifts that any cool dude would adore, and while they all have local ties (even um, the ties), you can still snag most of them from outside ATL.
Click to watch the items in action (special thanks to bartender extraordinaire Greg Best for mixing it up with me):
And now, how to get them for your boyfriend/brother/baby daddy/bodyguard:
1. Holeman & Finch Bloody Mary Kit ($125): You get him this and he’ll have to bring you a Bloody Mary in bed next time you’re hungover (just take a second and think about how amazing that is going to be). The kit includes the delicious, house Bloody Mary Mix, house pickled okra (also a healthy snack, btw), four glasses, mixing spoon, two perfect cube trays, custom moleskine notebook, C.T. Crabb bar towel, and wood serving tray. Available at H&F Bottle Shop in Atlanta (but if you’re not in ATL, you could attempt to make your own kit since you know the ingredients)
2. Otis James neckties ($110): Here’s the skinny. These ties are so freaking popular that they have stopped shipping until the new year (noooo!). But calm down, you can still get the Nashville-based stunners at The Indie-Pendent in Atlanta and via the shop’s website (phew). And make sure to check out the killer Otis James caps (unisex!) for when shipping begins again.
3. Moonshine cologne ($72-$80): This is another item that is sold out everywhere (even um, on its own website), but The Indie-Pendent has a secret stash (shh). Get this intoxicating fragrance for your quintessential Southern gentleman or aspiring Southern gentleman or clueless dude who needs help in the being-a-gentleman department. Check Facebook for updates on when/where you can purchase
4. Curious Provisions Thumpers ($590+): Could you tell how much I loved these on air? If your dude is rocking a puny iPod dock, hit him with a badass-vintage-suitcase-turned-speakerboxx with with hi-fi speakers (they get LOUD), an eight-hour rechargeable battery, and compatibility with any audio device. Maybe you can even share it (wink, wink). Available online; pickup at the showroom is available
5. SweetWater corn hole boards ($220): Who doesn’t love SweetWater brewskis? And how ’bout a nice game of corn hole? That’s what I thought. This is basically a dream gift for anyone who partakes in tailgating with cold beverages. When they make a beer pong table, I’m going to FREAK. Available online (check out the tie-dyed version, too)
Be a winner this holiday season.