Having soft skin is really important if you ever want anyone to touch you.
And since I do (and assume you do, too) I am always on the hunt for the best lotions to make my naturally dry skin as soft and moisturized as possible without a funky smell, greasy residue, or hefty price tag. Check out the crème de la crème in creams from cheap ($8) to cha-ching ($35), and remember, always try to apply your lotion when your skin is still a bit damp (or at least before you exit the steamy bathroom) to lock in moisture.
1. Ceravae Moisturizing Cream: This top-notch concoction was created by dermatologists and its “patented Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE) releases ceramides and other essential ingredients throughout the day, so they penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish.” In other words, this shiz works to keep you seriously moisturized and protected. People with sensitive and/or really dry skin and/or eczema should lube up with this on the reg. $12-$17; available at CVS, Walgreens and other drug stores
2. Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream: This product is like a hot guy on a cold night: You want it ALL over you. The scent is so heavenly and it makes your skin feel smooth as silk, thanks to natural oils like olive, grape seed, and apricot kernel. Oh, plus ginger is a proven mood enhancer and aphrodisiac. Yeah…you’re going to need this. $29.50; available online and at Sephora and Macy’s
3. Nivea Skin Firming Body Lotion: And now I present to you my latest SSS (soft skin secret). I’m absolutely obsessed with this lotion thanks to Nivea’s Hydra-IQ technology for moisture and co-enzyme Q10 complex for skin firming. Technical mumbo jumbo aside, my skin felt significantly silkier after using this for just one week. As for firming, I have a hard time believing a lotion can harness those powers, but I feel like it actually might be making a diff (or maybe that’s just the Flybarre). Bottom line, it’s a perfect lotion for cheap. Nivea, if you ever take this off the market, I will literally die. $8-$10; available at most drug stores
4. Organix Hydrating Moroccan Oil Creamy Body Lotion: Argan oil is the jam right now when it comes to pretty skin. This lotion uses the proven potion along with “sugar cane and willow bark to soften, giving a radiant glow, along with rice milk and bamboo extract to make skin supple and touchable all over.” The scent is nice and fresh without being overpowering and the bottle is the best for traveling. $8; available at Ulta, CVS, Walgreens, and other select drug stores
5. Bliss 24-‘Heaven’ Healing Body Balm: Everyone I know who’s tried this product has fallen in love. The light, vanilla-y scent is glorious and it moisturizes extremely well around the clock (hence, the 24). It goes on thick and is ideal for those drier areas like elbows and feet; I love to slather it on before bed and drift off into a blissful slumber. Ahhhh…. $35; available online and at Bliss spas and Sephora
It’s time to get touchy-feely.