If there’s anyone I know who doesn’t come back from a weeklong vacation at the beach looking the slightest bit bloated, it’s W+P health and fitness expert Cara Weaver. Bitch. I mean, look at her stomach sitting on the beach. I can’t even…
She shares her secrets here. And if you don’t like physical activity during vacay (and there ain’t nothin’ wrong with that!), at least you have a badass new playlist that begins with literally my favorite song I have ever heard in life. Get ready…
It’s SUMMER TIME and most of us started working on our “beach bodies” (or at least thought about it) months ago preparing for vacation! Almost all my clients come to me before a summer getaway with a desperate need for a plan, a way to help them stay (somewhat) on track and avoid having to start over after a long break. Here’s what I tell them:
- Use a great playlist like the below full of music that gets you pumped up and ready to move. (Listen via the player below using the small arrow on the side on the play stream to skip songs. Or click this link to open online.)
- Make a list of different challenges you can do for the length of each song, such as burpees, lunges, squats, runs, sprints (short bursts done in twos), pushups, planks, and crunches (click here for proper plank/pushup/crunch form).
- Go through 8-10 songs with your list in front of you and work to the end of each song before changing moves.
- Go for a long run. Pick every other song to add speed in for 30-45 seconds during the chorus when the music gets faster.
- Have a fitness dance party and include jumping, kicking, squatting, and twisting through 10 songs!
- Pick 8-10 different challenging exercises to do to an entire song each, such as burpees, squats, lunges, pushups, and crunches.