It’s breast cancer awareness month (duh), which means #AllPinkEverything! Not only are there fun, new products to scoop up, but you’re giving back to an important cause when you buy them. Talk about a no brainer. Pretty In My Pocket chose some of their fave give-back goodies, so I had to share. Get ye to Sephora, Target, or your computer with a credit card in hand, and support!
1. Deborah Lippmann “Shape of My Heart” Nail Color ($17): You’ll nail it thanks to this perfect pink (named after an amazing boy band jam). The Shape of My Heart nail color is a collaborative effort between Deborah Lippmann and Shape magazine to raise awareness for those affected by breast cancer; 10 percent of the proceeds benefit the Hoag Memorial Hospital in Newport Beach, CA.
2. Too Faced Love Debbie Lip Gloss ($16): Inspired by Too Faced co-founders’ Jerrod Blandino and Jeremy Johnson’s brave stepmother Debbi, who is currently battling breast cancer, 20 percent of the sales from this shiny pink gloss (with subtle strawberry scent and sunflower seed oil for mouth moisturizing) helps raise funds for mammogram screening services for patients in need.
3. Smashbox BCA Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36): For a flawless face ready for makeup application, this primer is magical (and it reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores). This month, $5 from your purchase goes to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. EOS Breast Cancer Awareness Two-Pack ($6.50): You know how obsessed I am with EOS and specifically, the lip balm. Keep your kisser soft and smooth with the limited edition Fresh Watermelon and Strawberry Sorbet spheres, and a portion of proceeds will benefit breast cancer research. You should be able to find this at Target, along with this fab set of balm AND hand lotion.
5. e.l.f. HD blush in Headliner ($3): This soft, creamy, highly-pigmented blush is not only ridiculously cheap (remember my e.l.f. outburst?), but 100 PERCENT of its profits this month are going to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. That means every last penny (all 300 of ’em).
6. Julep Edith Nail Color ($14): Because you can never have too many perfect pink polishes, snag this “cherry blossom pink crème with holographic glitter” and know that a portion of the proceeds are going to organizations that support women through Julep’s Powered by Girlfriends program.
Julep also collaborated with the Edith Sanford Breast Cancer Foundation on the infographic below that lays out breast cancer by numbers. The statistics are staggering, but it’s important to be aware and educated.
Ugh, they had to go and say “drink less.” But wait, maybe pink drinks are ok…?
Anyway, happy product shopping, everyone, and stay aware (and supportive) of the cause this month and every month!
*(Most of) this article was originally published on the Pretty In My Pocket blog.