Welcome to HELL, everyone. Sorry, I mean summer. (Same temperature; I get confused.)
A few weeks ago I was sitting outside with a guy friend and without even skipping a beat in conversation, grabbed a napkin and put it down my shirt to wipe my boob sweat. Thank God he was just a friend, but who knows if I would do that on a date (or ALREADY HAVE!?), as it came so naturally.
You’re welcome for that visual. Now let’s move on to five necessary things you should have in your beauty arsenal on a hot day (read: until October), ESPECIALLY if there’s a chance for a run-in with your current man, ex-man, crush, or any human being really.
1. Boob deodorant. What? Yes. Because our chest area perspires like a mug, and if you have been #blessed with large lovely lady lumps, you have an extra sweaty underboob or cleavage situation. Fresh Breasts ($12) goes on as a light cream, then dries as a cooling, non-clumpy, sweat- and odor-absorbing powder. But it’s not just for the girls; slick this savior on anywhere you’re worried about a sweaty sitch (ahem, swamp ass). Grab you some and while you’re at it, pick up a tube of Fresh Balls (oh yes, it’s a thing) for your bae, brother, or bodyguard. Ain’t a fella out there who can’t use some of that to defunk his junk.
2. Dry shampoo. Duh. For some ladies, one sweat droplet can turn their just-washed hair into a Crisco coif. But even if you have drier locks, a perspiration situation can flatten your mane. Dry shampoo is the ticket for your hot weather hair to go from EW! to Ooh! Click HERE for my top picks (and my fave is on sale right now).
3. Face fixers. I recommend finishing powder in your makeup routine no matter what (obsessing over Too Faced lately), but even the best can’t work their magic all day long and/or through a sweat storm. Blotting papers are cute and all, but let’s be honest—Starbucks napkins work just as well (or better) and they’re free with your iced coffee. Load up and keep them in your car, desk drawer, handbag, fanny pack, etc.
4. Refreshment. SPEAKING of iced coffee, I already told you guys Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee was going to be my obsession/go-to this summer and I’ve stayed true to my word (thank you to Target for staying stocked). The heat drains you, so the caffeine pick-me-up is much needed (because for the love of God and your health, don’t drink energy drinks), and they’re so refreshing and convenient. Just ask Dewey (#DewHess on Instagram).
5. Cooling foot spray. This is a game changer, friends. When you’re on your feet all day (or part of the day), guess which body part gets the most tired? YOUR FEET! (I know, it’s crazy; physics or something.) Also if you wear shoes and it’s 82686347 degrees, your feet might stink (also physics). The Body Shop’s miracle product can seriously take you from “I’m too tired to make it to happy hour” to “I’ll just sprint to the bar and order six pitchers for everyone, how’s that?” Summer 2014 pre-game routine should consist of vodka, foot spray, and Iggy Azalea.
Keep it cool, y’all.
Bottled Starbucks Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.