Compensation was provided by Jergens®.
Can we talk about this winter? It has been worse than having 1% cell phone battery in the DMV while Nickelback is playing and there’s a baby screaming and your ex-boyfriend is there with his new girlfriend who just so happens to be Margot Robbie. In other words: THE WORST EVER.
I think we’re finally in the clear as far as snow and ice conditions go (please God?), but it definitely ain’t summer and my first beach vacay is still two weeks away (#TheStruggleIsReal). BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t pretend you’re literally on a tropical island in the comfort of your own home. Here’s how to accomplish that.
1. Dranks. So what if it’s Tuesday? So what if it’s 11 a.m.? MAKE A MARGARITA; YOU’RE ON VACAY. Check Pinterest for recipes (there should be a few on there) or get a premade ‘rita or just drink tequila with a splash of lime juice in it. What?
2. Tunes. The music is the most important of setting the mood (any mood). Luckily I made the perfect playlist guaranteed to make you feel like you’re happy hour’ing with Bob Marley in his homeland.
3. Smells. Get you a beachy candle and fire it up. I’m all about the coconut scents; the more it smells like suntan lotion, the better. For the record, Lollia Wish (the magic perfume) makes a candle.
4. Temp. There can’t be a chill in the air during your stacay, so turn the heat up (either with your thermostat or just start looking at hot dudes on Instagram).
5. Skin. Wear little shorts or a silky cover-up, kick back, and admire your tan gams. The first rule of a great sunless tan is exfoliation, so I’m loving Jergens® Natural Glow® Color Primer In-Shower Scrub. It definitely makes the color of sunless tanner super smooth and long-lasting. Keep your bronze around even longer with Jergens® Natural Glow® Tan Extender Daily Moisturizer (love the way this smells, too).
5. Pedi. Summer toes = the coral perfection that is Cajun Shrimp (or something similar).
7. Vibe. Turn on How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, 8 Mile, or some other classic in a tropical location, or just keep the Travel Channel on mute and soak up the scenery.
8. Beach reads. Get out a great book (here are some reccs) or stock up on mags and light read the day away.
And you can always step outside and take a #HotDogLegs pic even if you live in a land-locked city and it’s 50 degrees out.
As long as you’re tan, nothing else matters, amirite?
Cheers to staycation!
Life’s too short to spend hours in the sun. Tan in an Instant with the Jergens® Instant Sun™ collection. Click here for a coupon!