I still can’t believe there was a character in a (non-pornographic) film named Pussy Galore.
But anyway. OPI has released 6 new shades to celebrate 50 years of Bond girls and they’re of the “Liquid Sand” variety, which means a texturized, grainy/sparkly look to make your fingers more fun.
Here’s an example of the Liquid Sand polish in case you’re not familiar with the look (courtesy of The Art of Nails):
You can find these polishes wherever (decent) selections of OPI are sold for $8 a pop.
Do an accent nail, and maybe you can call yourself Pinky Galore. Pussy ain’t got nothin’ on you.
My bestie Kate and I got manis last week at Sugarcoat and both opted for pink nails with a sparkly gold accent nail. I’m really loving this color combo for the spring/summer, especially with gold jewelry:
You can go pale pink like me or magenta-ish like Kate (the bitch with the Cartier bracelet) and when you add the gold sparkle, it’s officially a fiesta on your phalanges. And speaking of, I’ve personally changed my party nail preference from ring finger to pinky, simply because I think the ring finger is played out (no offense, Kate) and it’s time to mix it up. Note: Just keep your pinky nail trimmed so people don’t think you’re a cokehead.
Is this the most girly-ridiculous blog post ever? Like, if a guy read it, would his head literally explode with WTF-ness?
Sorry for party (nail) rockin,
OMG. Remember HOW BADLY you wanted Hard Candy nail polish in every color!? Because not only was it featured in like, every cool mag, but celebs like Alicia Silverstone totally wore it, and the names were so EDGY (Vinyl, TRASH, Bubble Gum, Sky).
Those were the days. Now we have Essie, OPI, Butter London, Deborah Lippmann, and so many more quality polishes in every color of the rainbow, but I’ll never forget those days when I was begging my mom for a ride to the mall to pick up some Hard Candy nail polish and earrings from Claire’s.
Just FYI, Hard Candy has made a resurgence and there’s actually whole makeup line sold at Walmart. But let’s be honest…we’re not going there.
Happy #TBT, Betties!
Happy almost-holiday, leprechaun lovers! I’m heading to Charleston this weekend for my college bestie’s 30th (and one helluva St. Patty’s street party on Sullivan’s Island), so I’m reposting the guest blog I did on my BFF (blogger friend forever) Becky’s rad site, The Pumpkin Spot, because I have more pressing matters at the moment than coming up with new content (like taking Irish car bombs).
Since this holiday involves a wardrobe color scheme, hours of day-drinking, making new friends, and the potential for a raging hangover, you need to be prepared. Presenting the official….
1. Clothing + Accessories: The options for an emerald ensemble are endless, especially because the happy hue is the COLOR OF THE YEAR. But you don’t want to look like a leprechaun (no offense to the little people), so choose where you don your green carefully. If it’s warm, I say go maxi dress like this perfect Michael Stars hi-low frock I’m obsessing over. But for chillier temps, I love a Henley on a lady like the Abercrombie one above (if you graduated from A&F in college, try this Alternative Apparel option) with skinny jeans and boots or boyfriend jeans and sandals. A scarf like the $30 J. Crew infinity one above is a must and a great way to get your green in, as are cool Wayfarers (check Urban Outfitters for cheaper options). And of course, you’re going to need a place to stash your cell phone (so you can drunk text/sext after a few beverages), lip gloss, cards, and other necessities, so why not get in the sudsy spirit with a beer purse? Balenciaga, you got nothin’ on this…
2. Nails: What better day to have spirit fingers than a holiday known for its fresh color palette? I love Essie’s Mojito Madness almost as much as I love actual mojitos (keyword: ALMOST), and when you paint on the Luxeffects sparkly topcoat in As Gold As It Gets, you have nails that would make gold diggers green with envy.
3. Footwear: Ladies, it’s going to be a long day and alcohol is involved (read: save the heels for another occasion). Havaianas has debuted an exclusive, slim flip-flop with a four-leaf clover on each strap that will bring you luck all through spring and summer. And if you think “cute flats” is an oxymoron, check out these stylish, color-blocked Tahari gems.
4. Flirting: “Call Me Maybe” may be so-last-year, but I think we can all agree that we still love it (a lot). Carry this GREEN J. Crew notepad around with you, and when you’re feeling lucky, drop your digits on a piece of paper the old-school way. This is crazy…
5. Recovery: Chug a ton of water before you go to bed (like, until you almost get sick), then wake up and pump some nutrients into your system via healthy juice. I dig Naked’s Green Machine, but if you have access to a Whole Foods, belly up to the juice bar and get yourself a real pick-me-up (mmmm, kale…). And don’t forget, there’s always the Irish way of recovery (read: wake up and keep drinking).
You’ll get through this.
For more green goods, check out Becky’s post on Witty + Pretty!
RULE: Painting your nails gives you an excuse to take a work break and watch daytime TV. Guess I’ll have to give myself a mani every day from now on so I can watch Ellen. Multiple times.
And if you want to get real fancy-like, check out my nail guru Crystal‘s 6-second video tutorial for wearing your heart on your
Now go out there and get nailed.