Tomorrow is December 1. I mean…can I get a “WTF?!” It seemed like only yesterday I was laying on the beach with a margarita getting tan and now I’m just drinking (large quantities of) red wine and getting paler by the second. But whatever. I do love the holiday season and there are so many ways to embrace and celebrate this magicalorious time of year. One being red wine (obviously), but below are some others things that bring joy to the world…
1. Drink eggnog. You COULD make it yourself, but that ish is complicated (here’s a recipe if you want to attempt). Luckily, there are plenty of tasty eggnogs on the market and Trader Joe’s is one of the best (check out HuffPo’s ‘nog review for the best and worst). So pick up one of those cartons, add bourbon using my standard half-and-half pour rule, and enjoy your Christmas in a cup!
2. Get ice princess eyes. Light, shimmery shadows brighten up your peepers as it is, but now’s the time to really shine. Stila’s jewel eye shadow (Opal is pictured; $20) has a smooth texture and gives a brilliant sparkle effect. Apply all over your lids and/or in the inner corners of your eyes to illuminate them even more.
3. Wear sequins (duh). If there is one month of the year when it’s appropriate to wear sequins from head to toe daily, it’s December. No one knows whether or not you have a holiday party every night of the week. H&M has some serious stunners for cheap (the pictured dress is $25!) as does Forever 21 and Fab’rik. Shine bright like a diamond.
4. Listen to the best holiday playlist ever. Okay, not to toot my own horn (HONK, HONK), but I created a Holiday Pop playlist on Spotify and I think you’re going to like it. Have you ever heard Cee Lo croon “Silent Night?” What about Justin Bieber’s and Busta Rhymes’ “Drummer Boy” duet? And of course, you’ll hear old faves like Mariah, Boyz II Men, and…wait for it…N’Sync. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
(Use those tiny arrows on either side of the play stream to change songs.)
5. Holiday shop with me tomorrow! You knew this was coming. Start December off on the right foot…and by right foot, I mean with the right cocktail in hand (hot toddies), best shopping (designer clothes at up to 75% off), free makeup touchups (courtesy of Pla Beauty), and a festive holiday atmosphere at the Les Nouvelles Holiday Bazaar. Click HERE for all the details and I hope to see your smiling faces there. Because All I Want for Christmas Is You.