I’m not a huge celeb Instagram follower because I can’t stand the narcissistic selfies and chronic douchery (I do love me some Ludacris and Usher, though). But I still think it’s wild that some of the most famous people in the world let us commoners into their lives via personal photos. What if we could have followed Elvis or Marilyn Monroe on Instagram instead of self-obsessed Kim Kardashian and douche-tastic Chris Brown?
ANYWAY, If you’re sick of celeb selfies, looking at pictures from the same people who clog up your Facebook newsfeed, want an insider look into cool beauty and fashion, always crave a quick laugh, like pretty pictures, or just want something to break up the puppy and bunny cuteness overload, you need some new Instagram accounts to follow. Here are ten for starters…
1. @NicoleRichie: The former star of The Simple Life (I mean, remember that mess?) now has a Glamorous Life and she’s fun to follow for beauty/fashion photos, occasional humor, and celeb sightings.
2. @ZicoCoconut: Currently, they’re doing a 21-day yoga challenge and I love looking at the poses (also follow @laceycalvert, pictured), but normally, you’ll see healthy, sporty, sunny, California imagery.
3. @glitterguide: All things girly and sparkly (duh). I want to be inside every photo they post.
4. @chelsanity: Hilarious, badass comedian/writer Chelsea Peretti posts everything from alternate captions to male model magazine spreads (as seen below) to awkward #TBTs to witty commentary of stupid news articles.
8. @benefitcosmetics: The beauty company’s packaging/marketing is beyond clever and appealing, as is the Instagram account. And when they post a quote meme, it’s usually not TOO cheesy.
9. @garypeppergirl: A beautiful, exotic girl in beautiful, exotic places. Prepare for wanderlust (and jealousy).
10. @thecoveteur: Celebs (but with an approachable edge), fashion, and funny images/memes. I would totally twerk for a Birkin, btw. Like, butt naked on Peachtree Street…in the rain…this afternoon.
There is so much Instagram amazing, this is only round one (I have ten more coming soon)! And of course, you can follow moi@AshHess (check out my sick mani I just posted). Special thanks for Hayden of @PrettyInMyPoc (follow them, too!) for sharing some of her Insta reccs.